- Hip Hop; a popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents.
- Pop; music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock'n'roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love.
- Reggae; popular music of Jamaican origin having elements of Calypso and rhythm and blues, usually with an accent placed on the offbeat.
- Rock; a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s; a blend of black rhythm-and-blues with white country-and-western; "rock is a generic term for the range of styles that evolved out of rock'n'roll."
- Funk; a type of popular music combining elements of jazz, blues, and soul and characterized by syncopated rhythm and a heavy, repetitive bass line.
- Soul; a style of popular music developed by African Americans, combining elements of gospel music and rhythm and blues.
- FAVORITE MALE ARTIST - 2012 People's Choice Award
- International Male Solo Artist - 2012 BRIT Awards
- Best International Artist or Group - 2011 BT Digital Music Award
- BEST NEW - 2011 MTV Europe Awards
- Choice Summer Music Star: Male - 2011 Teen Choice Awards
- BEST PUSH - 2011 MTV Europe Awards
- Best Male Pop Vocal Performance - 2011 Grammy Awards
- Top Radio Song - 2011 Billboard Music Awards
- His real name is Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez.
- Bruno Mars is of Puerto Rican and Filipino descent.
- He plays the drums, keyboard, bass, and guitar.
- His stage name, “Bruno Mars”, was inspired by the wrestler Bruno Samartino and the Mars came from the planet.
- According to a recent interview, Bruno Mars said his favorite food is Chicken Adobo, the national dish of the Philippines.
- Bruno came from a large family and was one of six children.